New Board Appears To Be A Waste Of Time And Space

Re: New Board Appears To Be A Waste Of Time And Space

Posted by Sicilian Cowboy on Jul 8, 2010 10:11 am

Starbucks is okay.....if you've got the time to stand in line. (ALL the NYC Starbucks have lines.....Dunkin Donuts has better brew, believe it or not.)

What my old coffee shop had was a container ready almost the moment I walked in the door.......It was practically a "no-waiting drive thru"......"Hi, good morning, here's your coffee, see you at lunch."

Typical response time here so far is about 20 to 25 seconds to get in, another 10 to 15 to get to the forums, and another 10 or 15 every time I want to find a thread. I just can't afford that kind of lag time.

IMHO, this is stuff that should have been worked out BEFORE the switchover. It's July 8 already, and that beta board was up way back in March.

After all, it's only a bulletin board...why not just shut it down for a weekend to get it straightened out?

No doubt, I'll continue to come back, but not as often, and not as long.

Angelo

EDIT: Perfect example, it took 14 seconds from the time I clicked "Post" to get back to the thread......I'm thinking that's way too long.
AJF

Re: New Board

Posted by Kristi Grahl on Jul 8, 2010 10:34 am

The technical team is working on the speed issue. We're hoping for a resolution later today. I know it's frustrating right now, but we do expect it to improve substantially, and soon. We are also continuing to work on importing the archives.

Again, I appreciate your patience as we work through this final phase.

Kristi Grahl
POB Editor/RPLS.com Community Manager

Re: New Board

Posted by Sicilian Cowboy on Jul 8, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks for the reply....I know you must certainly be BUSY.

I note that the old board was "turned off" about a half hour ago.  

R.I.P. and good luck.

AJF

Posted by wayne griffin on Jul 8, 2010 11:21 am

I like the new board.  I don't see the speed as a problem, but faster would be better.   I haven't tried to search any topics yet, but maybe I should.   I know that I have found the search ability to be one of the greatest assests to this (old) board, so I hope they figure that one out.  Even though some users look at this site more as a chat room to keep in touch with their associates.  Thats ok too.  I think everybody benefits from that dialogue.

On the other hand, I don't know many surveyors who've been around for awhile that don't possess that "gotta keep up with technology" gene, so why all this bi!ching.  Just go with it, or start your own. 

I think that POB has done a great job.  Especially considering how much it cost each of us to get here. 

GEORGIA SURVEYOR...

Posted by James Folkers on Jul 8, 2010 12:45 pm

with any due respect, your last post is the stupidest thing I've read in months. Please keep your bitter and vitriolic comments to yourself, they are not constructive or helpful to anyone, and they make you look like an a**. If you don't like it here - leave.

I can't deal with the speed here either. I will continue to check periodically to see if it has improved. If not, I won't be here.

Jim

Posted by elisawise on Oct 3, 2018 11:50 pm

Thanks for sharing this interesting and informative article
slope game

Posted by lysa mari on Jan 16, 2019 10:40 pm

I have read your article, I find the content quite interesting and detailed, I hope in the near future, you will have more good and meticulous articles to give readers deep insight. More on this issue, Thank you for sharing this article. candy crush soda