Site speed

Site speed

Posted by Kristi Grahl on Jul 8, 2010 7:33 pm

As many of you know, we have had some issues with site speed. Some changes were made this afternoon that substantially improve the page load time, particularly with regard to forum posts. Additional changes are in the works that will further enhance the overall speed of the site over the next several days.

I know the delay has been frustrating. The transition between the old site and new has been very complex and loaded with challenges. I appreciate your support and continued patience as we work through the remainder of the transition.

Kristi Grahl
POB Editor/RPLS.com Community Manager

Re: Site speed

Posted by GEORGIA SURVEYOR on Jul 8, 2010 7:40 pm

Kristi, I saw that you finally bit Michael (at least that is the way I saw it since he posted and things sped up) and suddenly the complex became easier.  They promised you a product that they have yet to deliver on, don't be afraid to hold them accountable.  No sleep, too bad.  They can sleep when they give you what they promised to have for you a week ago.

Thanks for lighting a fire under them.

Posted by Doug Crawford on Jul 8, 2010 7:45 pm

The increase, in speed, is noticeable. I am able to navigate, without taking a break for an adult beverage. A lot better.

Posted by ron berry on Jul 8, 2010 7:49 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, it can only get better, right?

Posted by Kristi Grahl on Jul 8, 2010 7:51 pm

Absolutely, Ron. And it will - with many more improvements planned beyond enhanced speed.

Kristi Grahl
POB Editor/RPLS.com Community Manager

Posted by BFGILLIS on Jul 8, 2010 8:17 pm

I honestly haven't noticed this site be really slow to begin with. I don't know why. I guess it's faster though.:) It'll take some getting used to but it's a good site overall.

Kristi thanks for the email about my name problem. I figured out what was wrong. I had to change my name to something other than John Giles in order to fix the capitalized "I". I can change it back to John Giles and to BFGILLIS at will. I was getting the error that a user name already existed for 'John Giles' because it was ME! I was the existing user! DUH!

Anyway thanks for checking in with me about it.

Posted by elisawise on Oct 3, 2018 11:49 pm

Thanks for the information you brought to us. They are very interesting and new. Look forward to reading more useful and new articles from you!
spanish to english