view new topics?

view new topics?

Posted by Jim M on Jul 8, 2010 10:06 pm

I know most other forums have this, and it is a time saving feature.  What about instead of view new posts have a new topics? The first screen is handy, but it lists multiple posts inside a single topic; being able to just see what is new in topics would be a bigger timesaver.

Oh, any chance of moving the quick links to the top instead of bottom of the page?

All in all a good board for being done from scratch, any reason we can hear for not choosing an existing board like IPB or SMF?

Re: view new topics?

Posted by Kristi Grahl on Jul 8, 2010 11:44 pm

A "view by topic" option will be available soon. It's near the top of our list of additional improvements that will be made in the coming weeks.

I think I know what you're saying about the quick links. Let me make a few adjustments and you can let me know if that's what you were referring to.

One thing I want to emphasize is that this isn't just a board. It's a fully featured social network that pulls in components from POB that were previously just static and allows them to be user-driven - such as the Events section (now interactive), a Reviews section (which allows true user reviews and not just manufacturer data) and Blogs (which now alert authors to new comments so that they can more easily respond). Also, if you post a question and don't have time to watch the forum for answers, you can subscribe and receive e-mail alerts when new comments are posted. And the ability to attach files to posts means that the site can become even more of an education tool than the old board. We will continue to build new resources into this platform with the goal of helping the members of our community succeed in business.

Please continue to post any suggestions for improvements you would like to see added to the site. We'll keep working on it.

Kristi Grahl
POB Editor/RPLS.com Community Manager

Posted by Jim M on Jul 9, 2010 8:03 am

Thank you, I'm looking forward to the new features as they come out!

Posted by elisawise on Oct 3, 2018 11:48 pm

I hope you continue to have such quality articles to share with everyone! I believe a lot of people will be surprised to read this article!
geometry dash