Feature Requests

Re: Feature Requests

Posted by CSS on Jul 8, 2010 10:43 am

Also, could we put the title of the thread being viewed into the page/tab title so that we can identify threads in our browser history.

Recent posts / Recent activity

Posted by perch on Jul 11, 2010 10:33 pm

echoing what's already been touched on a couple posts up. The Recent Activity / Recent Posts needs major help.  You have a single column using maybe 1/4 of the page width (with recent forum posts link anyways), and multiple listings of individual posts to the same topic or thread. This really needs to be simplified and made more efficient.

It would be nice to see columns along the lines of:  Forum (linked); Topic Title (linked); Topic Starter (linked); No. Replies (or No. Pages or both - running totals from start); No. Views (again, running total from start); and Last Post (linked). An additional feature that would be handy as hell would be a button to go to first unread. That's it! Simple simple, allows us to see threads we may be following & check in on the action we've missed.

Hope to see it, cheers!

Posted by Steve Gardner on Jul 11, 2010 11:18 pm

I've been saying all along during beta testing and beyond that the Recent Posts list is going to be useless once the volume gets beyond the currently feeble number of posts per day.  The only way to get caught up after a few hours is to go to the Main Forum section and then you have to look at each individual category to see if somebody posted to it since you left, and you have no idea how many new posts are in that category until you click it only to find that there's nothing interesting in it anyway, all of which takes way too long between commands.  To say it needs major help is the understatement of the week.

Posted by Stephen Johnson on Jul 12, 2010 8:26 am

Mr. Gardner has a Very Valid point.  I have noticed that it takes longer to find the posts in which I am interested, than to read and reply to them.

SJ

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them."