Trimble TSC3 Problems

Trimble TSC3 Problems

Posted by Michael Kavanagh on Oct 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Im having some problems with two of our TSC3 data collectors.

With the first, I reinstalled the 3.1.2 firmware and used Trimble Installation Manager to install Trimble Access 2012. After doing this I can no longer see the Internal radio for the unit. The settings screen will hang for a short time when finally showing "Port Unavailable" Is there a way to re-enable the internal radio? did the fresh install of 3.1.2 cause this error?

Second, I had a TSC3 that was running perfectly, I left it charging over-night and the next day the device would not boot. This is the second TSC3 in a week that has done this exact same thing. I get an LED indication that the unit is charging but I don't get a response with the power button. I have tried booting it using a different charger, with and without a battery in the unit, as well as a swapping out a different I/O module. Since I am unable to boot I can not perform hard-resets or software updates. Is it possible that the charger fried these TSC3s? Is there a way to preform a hard-reset on these TSC3s without starting them up?

Thanks for looking,