Instructions for installing Trimble Geomatics Office in a Windows 7 computer (tested with TGO v1.63 on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit system with 8 Gb RAM)
- Insert TGO install disk in the drive. Cancel out of the canned install program when it starts.
- Open Windows Explorer and view the contents of the disk in the CD/DVD drive.
- Right-click on 'setup.exe' and select Properties from the popup menu.
- On the Properties dialog, select the 'Compatibility' tab.
- Enable 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Xp (Service Pack 2)' Note: NOT Service Pack 3.
- Enable 'Run this program as an administrator' (You will need to have admin rights on the computer)
- Close the Properties dialog and double-click on 'setup.exe' to begin the TGO install. Use the default folders when prompted.
- After the install is complete, download and install both 'Trimble Configuration Utility' and 'Data Transfer Utility' (the Windows Vista version) from the Trimble support site http://www.trimble.com/support.shtml
- Download and install Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista (either the 32 bit or 64 bit version depending upon your operating system) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/ResultsForProduct.aspx?productID=093bc66e-ddbb-42c5-a6eb-ab7090c3e680&stype=n_a2z. When setting up devices for download (TSC2, GNSS receivers etc) configure them to use ActiveSync. It will be configured correctly.