Leica GPS 1200

Leica GPS 1200

Posted by Evans Ralston on Nov 18, 2014 4:19 pm

While conducting a static session, 30 sec's, expected to go on for 5 hours today my data collector just stopped. It locked up with out responding to button pushing or cussing after 2 and half hours. I let it sit for another hour just to see if anything would happen, and it didn't. The last thing I could think of was to remove the battery. When the battery was replaced, it starter right up with a message that it hadn't been properly shut down last session. A difficult aspect is I lost completely 2.5 hours of observation data. Ouch.
Any suggestions? UPDATE
OK, the data was ok and created a good RINEX file so for that part I am relieved. But,
Why did it lock up after 2 hours and 11 minutes of good performance? The battery was and still is good.
Any suggestions?

Re: Leica GPS 1200

Posted by Eric Kara on Nov 26, 2014 9:10 am

The only thing that i can think of that might cause this is a bad CF card. 

The system 1200 reads and writes on the CF card constantly, and if there is a problem with the card or if it cannot read/write quickly enough files will begin to carupt.  Also note that CF cards have a Read/Write life. If the card is old i would replace it.

It's a shot in the dark but thats were i would start. 

(Leica Dealer) 

Re: Leica GPS 1200

Posted by Evans Ralston on Feb 22, 2018 11:40 am

I never said Thank You for your reply as I should have. Thank You.
The card was replaced with a new one and I haven't had that problem again.
But I do have a new problem. The Start Date/time.
For reason I don't know, the RX1250 receiver is saving a start date/time about 18 hours ahead of my real occupation start.
It shows in the saved file [.M00] but when sent to OPUS doesn't seem to have direct effect.
Evans Ralston
Las Cruces, NM