Fundamentals of Surveying Exam Date

Fundamentals of Surveying Exam Date

Posted by Jacob Riesser on Nov 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi all,

I am a student at Fairmont State University, currently enrolled in Surveying-II, have taken up through Calc-III, Surveying-I, and numerous other Engineering and Design courses (CAD, etc.), also am a GIS Analyst, and have attended a couple years of the AEC/Survey Summit at the ESRI UC. Was wondering when I could enroll for my FS Exam given my anticipated graduation date of May 2018, for both Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The state's WVSPS pages are horribly dated, and they have not yet answered email questions (asked WV several months ago). Just wanted to know so I know when to start studying hard for the exam.

Thank you,
Jake Riesser

Re: Fundamentals of Surveying Exam Date

Posted by Bob Hines on Nov 17, 2016 11:34 am

Jake;

It sounds lke you are trying to get out in front of your plans and have good goals, way to go.  I am on the opposite coast and do not have any familiarity with how things happen in your area.

My advise has to do with todays various communication methods.  I find it best to start with the requestors suggested communication line (sounds like in this situation it was email).  If that comes up empty I switch to phone calls, in some cases texts and maybe even the age old "letter".  Stay after it and good luck with your pursuits.

Bob

Re: Fundamentals of Surveying Exam Date

Posted by Nhuy Nguyen on Nov 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Looks like you go to WVSPS website, you need to go to the State Board of Professional Surveyors to get the information you need. Most states use NCEES to handle FS exams, you can go to this website http://ncees.org/surveying/ for more info.