Update from Michael Porter, PLS Oklahoma

Update from Michael Porter, PLS Oklahoma

Posted by Deral at Home on Jul 23, 2010 9:51 am

Michael sent me this update and asked me to post it here so you could all be aware of his current condition. He is really swamped at work but he did get a new partner. His partner is pretty salty and makes a good addition to the crew.
===================================================================== 
Hello,

Well it’s been a very long time since I did a post on my little liver adventure, so after Mondays doctor visit I thought I would get everyone an update.

For now my MELD score is at 12, since I started it has bounced from 11 to 13, 13 is what they will keep on record since it’s the highest it’s been.  I continue to have labs every 3 months or so, and an Office visit once a year.  I’m up to my 11th and 12th doctor now.  The 11th Doctor is a heart doctor, they seem to really frown if you don’t survive a transplant so they want to make sure the ole ticker can handle it, and my 12th doctor is my normal liver doctor.   Funny he is actually American and I can say his name, but to make things even my new nurse is from India and I have no idea how to say her name.

I also have a new finical coordinator I met yesterday.  She asked if I was doing fund raising I told her I was finished and had raised 60000 dollars in about 6 months,  she was floored and ask how I did it, I told her that I was adopted by land surveyors from all over the world and they helped me out big time. (A big thank you again to all of you and to POB for allowing me to use this forum for my fund rising).

After visiting my doctor he said every thing looked really good and said I was stable, I had to think was he talking mental or physical LOL.

Once again a big thanks to everyone.  Life is good.

Michael D. Porter, PLS

Re: Update from Michael Porter, PLS Oklahoma

Posted by Doug Crawford on Jul 23, 2010 10:12 am

Thanks, Michael & DP, for the update.

Posted by Rob.Hill on Jul 23, 2010 10:46 am

Good stuff, thanks Michael and Deral for posting.

RH

Posted by Squinty Vernier on Jul 23, 2010 10:51 am

Great to hear, Michael!

Thanks for the update Deral. Sound like Lawton is still humming along, surveywise.

Rick
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." Charles Darwin

Posted by Matthew Schick on Jul 28, 2010 2:45 pm

That's good news!

Posted by HOLE DIGGER on Jul 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Great news!  Thanks for the update.  I wonder about this from time to time.

Posted by RADU on Jul 28, 2010 8:28 pm

DerAL, I have almost completed MS Wilsons OZ education.

She faithfully comes  into the field and has absorbed more dust and had bush flies crawling over her. Not with standing taking in an OZ vocabulary that will rot your socks! 

Unfortunately the carer means to take photos of all the sites , but  forgets.

Glad to read Michael is well.

RADU
RADU VALUE ADDING SURVEYOR