Singapore?

Singapore?

Posted by Russ Golyak on Sep 7, 2010 11:05 am

Are there any surveying professionals in SE Asia, particularly in Singapore at the moment?

Would love to get in touch.

--Russ

Re: Singapore?

Posted by Gunter Chain on Sep 7, 2010 10:19 pm

Try Rahimid Deraman (ARD), if he still posts here.  He's from Malaysia and I think he's done a lot of work around that part of the globe.

Posted by RADU on Sep 8, 2010 4:16 am

Russ There is an Institute of Charted surveyors, valuers in Singapore.

Many study her in OZ.

In 1990's I was on organising committee of joint SE Asian and Australian survey congress that we held in Singapore.

If you want a contact email of one of the committee sing out. Are U in Singapore now  or traveling soon?

RADU
RADU VALUE ADDING SURVEYOR

Posted by Russ Golyak on Sep 8, 2010 11:55 am

thanks for the recommendations guys

I'm back in NYC after spending a year in Australia, had a great time there and wanted to go back to Singapore (big fan of that region, got a chance to visit Malaysia last year and really love it)

I have recently changed industries so I'm new to surveying, but with the amount of construction going on in that part of the world thought it would be easier finding temporary work (I got a work and holiday visa for six months that I must activate in September)

I have already reached out to more than 60 companies in the region but with only one response I'm on the verge of giving up. Hence this post...

Posted by RADU on Sep 13, 2010 5:16 am

Russ there are mines about to start in SOZ. If you want outback work where X weeks in and Y out then you should be chasing mining companies.

RADU
RADU VALUE ADDING SURVEYOR

Posted by Russ Golyak on Sep 13, 2010 11:30 am

i had an opportunity to give it a try last year when I was in Australia... had many friends in Western Australia and Queensland who do just that

but I prefer city life, that's why I thought Singapore would be an ideal place to base myself

plus I love to travel and since SIN is a major hub in SE Asia it would have been perfect.

when I was living in Sydney I'd go some place every weekend, even just for a day... did a day trip to Hobart, Tasmania; Canberra, ACT; Adelaide, SA; Gold Coast, QLD (before I moved to Brisbane)... weekend trips to Christchurch, New Zealand and Nadi, Fiji... as well as slightly longer and more relaxing trips to Langkawi and Penang in Malaysia

those were good times!