Seattle

Seattle

Posted by Sicilian Cowboy on Jul 2, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks to Mike Binge and Radar (Doug Casement) for a nice dinner on the outdoor patio at "New Orleans", in Pioneer Square.

Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera for dinner, but took shots the rest of the time.

Here's Pioneer Square:

Apparently, we got a rare June glimpse of Mount Rainier from Queen Anne Hill. Locals say "the mountain is out today".
The Space Needle is sporting a retro paint job, as it is the 50th anniversary of the 1962 Seattle World's Fair.

Seems like it rains every morning, and the sun comes out (however briefly) and warms things up every afternoon.
Of course no trip to Seattle is complete without a visit to Seattle Center and the Needle.

Not every Seattlite was friendly........

The reason for the visit was the annual baseball trip. We saw the Mariners beat the Red Sox in the bottom of the ninth.
They did the same thing two days later, in the bottom of the eleventh.

You can walk around the entire stadium, no matter what price level ticket you buy, so we took a walk around to scope out the food venues and the view from centerfield.

Our seats were pretty good.....and a lot cheaper than a similar seat at Yankee Stadium.

AJF

Re: Seattle

Posted by MLB on Jul 2, 2012 4:34 pm

I brought my camera. Here is the Sleepless Angelo in Seattle.
A good time was had by all.
MLB

Re: Seattle

Posted by Sicilian Cowboy on Jul 2, 2012 6:08 pm

Oh yes, and congratulations to Mike on the birth of a beautiful grandchild!
(I've seen the picture....)
AJF