Google Earth

Google Earth

Posted by MLB on Jan 23, 2014 1:29 pm

I have been getting (and seeing) quite a few inquiries about Google Earth. I have experienced more than a few issues with GE myself. I fairly frequently need to uninstall, download and reinstall. This is particularly true if I don't use GE for a while on a particular machine. When GE is launched it usually loads the required upgrades. 

But that isn't the main problem. I'm sure everyone realizes that net products have evolved. We have now gotten to the point where the small devices like phones, iPods, iPads, Kindles, and even yes! the new Microsoft tablet represent the larger portion of the regular users in the market. The developers can't seem to launch their new versions fast enough. That means the kids at the bottom of the class don't even learn how to use their old phones before they "have to" get new phones.

The software developer is challenged to make a product that works flawlessly on many different operating systems. Older products like Windows XP struggle to keep up with updates, especially those that are developed with Apple product users in mind. Hardware issues in older machines, especially the graphics cards and RAM can also be problematical.

Savvy users know to load virus protection packages that do most of the updates for them. But in the graphics-heavy demand in the Age of the Cloud older hardware simply cannot keep up. The big portion of the consumer market gets a new cell phone every six months. Work station users rarely change in less than three years. And many wait a lot longer. Yet they have to compete with the small device users who drive the larger market share.

My feeling is, this problem will likely get worse before it gets better.

I also keep Arc Explorer loaded. For me, it handles the "survey type" tasks a little better than GE. And it is way better at tech support. But its big advantage is that it is developed with the work station user in mind.

If you have them both loaded, the next time GE crashes, you can perform whatever task you had in mind before you start dealing with Tech Support.

Good luck!
MLB

Re: Google Earth

Posted by jayvazz1 on Apr 28, 2015 10:41 am

My name is John Veatch, my son and I are the latest versions of professional land surveyors in our family that go back over 165 years in this country.  We have developed and patented a system that will supply land title information for The Virtual World and other geospatial information system data bases.  It is the professional surveyors of our country that are the only people that can issue legal descriptions of land parcels that our courts recognize as legal and our companies have developed a patented process which will add these legal descriptions to the Virtual World systems being developed from coast to coast.  Our system employees RTK GPS, LIDAR & other remote sensing technology to connect land title information to the geospatial data set that form the basis for the Virtual World systems.   With over 140,000,000 parcel to be surveyed in this country we and our strategic partners have a lot of work to do.

We’re in the process of establishing strategic partner relationships with the companies that can provide the technology, the man power and the funding to take this project to the national level. We have already completed the design and proof of concept portion of our product development and we have provided our customers with over 40,000 land title surveys in our current markets and we have used our patented technology to provide survey data for large scale commercial transactions from Baltimore Md. to Palm Springs Calf.  Our process has been recognized by international & regional trade publications in the land surveying as well as title insurance professions.  The next step is deployment of our processes in the Virtual World markets that have the most potential for a customer base.  To that end we have chosen the City of Cape Coral Florida as our first market.  If you would care to have more information regarding providing technology, funding and or field data visit John Veatch at linked.com or please contact me John W. Veatch PLs: email jwv@satellitesurveys.com or office 703 742 9105 cell 239 282 9170