Realization of WGS84 in Trimble TerraSync software

Realization of WGS84 in Trimble TerraSync software

Posted by Rich_Briggs on Aug 30, 2018 11:42 am

Hey brain trust,

We're reconciling positions from two surveys. One group is using a Trimble 7x (tricked out centimeter version) post-processed using the nearest CORS station (AC45). TerraSync is reporting positions as WGS84/ITRF2000 after post-processing but we suspect that the positions are actually WGS84(G1674)/ITRF2008/IGS08. The slight difference matters for us.

Does anybody know if TerraSync will report WGS84 positions as WGS84/ITRF2000 when the post-processed positions are actually in a different realization of WGS84? The documentation is vague on this issue. I don't use TerraSync myself - do experienced users know if there is something in the post-processing workflow to specify the WGS84 reference frame?

thanks everyone

Re: Realization of WGS84 in Trimble TerraSync software

Posted by Rich_Briggs on Aug 30, 2018 12:53 pm

Oops, my Trimble friend tells me the post-processing software is called Positions. In any case the question stands - will Positions correct to WGS84(G1674)/ITRF2008/IGS08 but label the positions WGS84/ITRF00? I suspect the issue is on our end but would love to hear from an experienced Trimble post-processor.