High Rise Building Verticality

High Rise Building Verticality

Posted by nizar bachal on Oct 4, 2013 10:02 am

Recently, I have been working on a high rise building about 100 story, so, to check verticality l've been using threads, plunmb bob with offsets, vertical laser beam, and total station as alignment. So, is there any best way to ensure vertical alignment of a high rise building. if anyone can help, i'll appriciaate that.
thanks.

Re: High Rise Building Verticality

Posted by Jered McGrath PLS on Oct 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Type "high rise" in the search box on this forum and you should find all that you need, but with that said. High rise construction going that high is a unique science that I regard to be left to experienced pros. It is a real nitche art of surveying as you may find here in the forums previously discussed and in your endeavors. Check, double check, and then check again. GL

Re: High Rise Building Verticality

Posted by Timothy Day_7 on Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm

I did vertical construction for about 12 years and what i would do is set offsets for my exterior column lines so that i would have control ( rebar & cap set in concrete) approximately 10 ft from the edge of building and additional points extended that i could use as the building went up. For floors 2-10 i would have my rodman slide a grade rod past the slab edge until the end touched the cross hairs then have him mark the predetermined distance on the slab. Anything above 10 stories i would 4 inc sleeves in the slab and use a plumbing laser from floor to floor.

If you need i can look for or make you a checklist