HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REALIZE THIS ISN'T WORKING???

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REALIZE THIS ISN'T WORKING???

Posted by SURV1969 on Mar 11, 2012 8:53 am

For the operators and controllers of this forum site to realize they screwed up and have turned a viable surveyor's site into a basically worthless, over controlled under utilized, general waste of time.

Posts/questions are slow in coming and answers are even slower in appearing.

Quite different from the days when a question at 10:00am . . . often about important matters, would be answered by 10:05am.

This was not only a worthwhile sounding board, but real information flowed like the Colorado River.

Now the flow of information has become like a dry-run in the desert . . . can't do anything with it and can't rely on it . . . it's worthless

John Francis

Re: HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REALIZE THIS ISN'T WORKING???

Posted by Paul Montero on Mar 11, 2012 11:48 am

I remember that you and your colleagues deserted this site long ago because you did not want it to change to what we have now. I also remember there is another site where there is beer and that you removed yourselves to that site. So, it is you and your colleagues who are responsible for the lack of activity here. You do not participate and only come here to advertise for the other site and to ask questions like the one you pose in your message. Do you remember now?

Re: John, You Are Preaching To Empty Pews

Posted by Paul in PA on Mar 12, 2012 1:10 am

Paul in PA

Posted by Stephen Johnson on Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Mr. Montero,

I joined when Mark Deal was still alive and at least reasonably healthy.  I have seen nearly every iteration this board has gone through.  I was one of the 40 Beta users on this new format and I still come here to occaisionally post pertinent posts on various subjects.  One of those subjects is to see the POB group, which has been a very good host for us, continue this board by improving upon this format.  The two major problems being navigation and speed.  The problem with this is that I have been advocating the changes since the beginning of this format and those pleas seem to have fallen on DEAF ears. 

If you don't like our posts, you are quite free to post elsewhere.

SJ
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them."

Posted by Tommy Young on Mar 12, 2012 5:13 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Posted by SURV1969 on Mar 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Paul Montero . . . 

you might be too young to remember the activity that took place on this site, or the fact that answers were a keystroke and a minute away.

But if it was because of everyone going to Beerlegs, that wouldn't explain why Beerlegs, while much more active than this site is nowhere as active as the old site here.  It just seems so very much more active cause this site's become so very much inactive and instead of an answer(even to good questions), takes days.  Waiting days is usually not too helpful.

BTW . . . you're wrong . . . I didn't leave this site for Beerlegs.  I left the site because I had a change of life awakenning.  I realized the internet and this site was not a reason to turn the computer on any longer.  That is to say, I'm not much of a poster anywhere and when I do get on the internet, I'm more interested in boat living than surveying.

It would be nice to have a forum here than really hummed . . . but I don't ever see it happenning cause I don't see any excitement at this site.

Sorry, but to me, this site is like drinking a beer out of a tea-cup(with the pinkie finger out).

Posted by Keith on Mar 17, 2012 3:55 pm

If you want excitement.......respond to my thread, which is the beginning of a very worthwhile argument.

There ain't two subdivision lines in the section representing the same line!!

Posted by Tommy Young on Mar 20, 2012 5:24 pm

This place is so dead, the moderators aren't even checking in.  If they did, they'd delete the two spambot posts on the first page.

Posted by Perry Williams on Apr 3, 2012 7:12 am

Yup,  if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mark Deal, Hub Northing, Christie, Survey Dogs, Mr. G, 0.04', jobo, mortgage surveys, GIS Guy, lots of old memories. 

Hope everybody over here is doing well. 

I'm here for my annual checkin.  Looks like they have drifted toward the old format, but still far too slow for my dial up.

See you next year.

Perry

Posted by Keith on Apr 3, 2012 1:32 pm

Then reply to my thread and quit bitchin!

Posted by AdrianaHall on Jan 8, 2019 6:14 am

The two major problems being navigation and speed.